About EMMC Champion the Cure Challenge
EMMC Champion the Cure Challenge began in 2010 to support cancer research at EMMC Cancer Care. Since then, it has grown into a hugely successful event with nearly 2,900 participants each year.
The EMMC Champion the Cure Challenge event offers something for people of all ages and interests.
- Walk or Run: 1K, 5K, or 10K
- Bicycle Ride: 25, 50, 75, or 100 miles
- Motorcycle Ride: 58.9 miles
- NEW in 2018 Trail Ride
- NEW in 2018 Paddle
- Virtual Participant: Can’t make it to the event? Raise funds and be eligible for the same prizes.
- Volunteer: There are many opportunities to volunteer before, during, and after the event.
Registration fees are based on age and event participation. For more information, please call EMMC Foundation at 207.973.5055 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our community has a long tradition of fighting cancer by supporting events to benefit EMMC Cancer Care. Between 1982 and 2009, more than $200,000 was raised. In 2010, the inaugural EMMC Champion the Cure Challenge met its very first fundraising goal of $100,000. Since then, EMMC Champion the Cure Challenge has raised more than $3.3 million for local cancer research.
EMMC Champion the Cure Challenge starts and finishes at EMMC Cancer Care in Brewer. This year’s event will be held on August 18, 2018. The day will be filled with delicious food, entertainment, and fun for all ages.