We have made every effort to accommodate the many needs of our participants. Your safety and enjoyment are a top priority. In case of an emergency, please call the Event Safety number listed on the event map or 911.
Safety Rules for Paddlers
- Absolutely no smoking. No alcohol use before or during the paddling activity.
- Lifejacket Wear: All participants in ACA-insured activities must wear properly-fitting U.S. Coast Guard-approved lifejackets (Personal Flotation Devices, or PFDs) at all times during on-water.
- All lifejackets must be in serviceable condition. USCG-approved Inflatable lifejackets are acceptable for activities that do not involve paddling in surf zones or on whitewater rated at Class I or above. Inflatable lifejackets provide a useful alternative for flat-water paddling in hot weather.
- Stand Up Paddleboards: The U.S. Coast Guard has determined that Stand Up Paddleboards operating outside the surf zone are “vessels” for purposes of the USCG regulations, and therefore must carry one lifejacket for each person on board. In addition, the ACA requires persons using Stand Up Paddleboards at ACA-insured events to wear their lifejackets at all times while on the water.
- Appropriate clothing: All participants must be dressed in clothing appropriate for the venue and conditions of the activity. Participants should always be prepared to get wet, flip over or go into the water. In particular, if the water temperature is less than 60°F, and/or the combined air and water temperature is less than 120°F, participants must wear wetsuits, dry suits or other acceptable clothing.