We have made every effort to accommodate the many needs of our participants. Your safety and enjoyment are a top priority. In case of an emergency, please call the Event Safety number listed on the event map or 911.
Safety Rules for Trail Riders
- Absolutely no smoking and alcohol use will be permitted.
- Stallions are not permitted.
- Stay on the marked trail. Pass only on the left.
- If you have any allergies or illnesses, notify others in your riding group.
- If horse or rider have any injuries, please call for help.
- Ride at the level/speed of the least experienced rider and the least experienced horse. Absolutely NO cantering or galloping.
- Communicate concerns clearly.
- Carry a cell phone on your body (not on your horse)
- Carry a trail map.
- All youth are required to wear ASTM/SEI approved helmets. Though helmets aren't required for adults, it is strongly recommend that they be worn by all riders.
- Park only in designated areas
- Keep your muck in the trailer and dispose of it at home or in a designated area
- If your horse exhibits behaviors which require special
consideration you should tell all the members of the riding party about those
issues and place a ribbon of appropriate color both in your horse’s tail and
mane. The following are common ribbon color codes:
- Red = Kick
- Green = Novice